- Be 18 years old or older at the time of filing the Application for Naturalization.
- Be a lawful permanent resident (have a “green card”).
- Demonstrate continuous permanent residence in the United States for at least 5 years. (In some cases, this may be 3 years if you are married to a U.S. citizen.)
- Show that you have been physically present in the United States for 30 months. (In some cases, this may be 18 months if you are married to a U.S. citizen.)
- Show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the state or USCIS district where you claim residence.
Quick Citizenship Eligibility Qualification Self Check List. Any questions call us 760-304-6936
For the US Citizenship tests: Below are the USCIS published test materials for the US Citizenship or Naturalization interview tests. Please feel free to download to review and study at your own pace.