URGENT notice 10/15/2017
USCIS – no longer accepting initial or renewal requests for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). USCIS will consider DACA requests received from residents of the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico on a case-by-case basis.
If you are a current DACA recipient and your still-valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD) has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may request a replacement EAD by filing a new Form I-765 at any time, if the EAD is still valid.
USCIS will no longer approve advance parole requests associated with DACA.
THERE MIGHT BE OTHER OPTIONS
CALL US 760-304-6936
WHAT TO DO AFTER DACA APPROVAL
1) How to get SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER (S.S.)
- Apply process for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Social Security number.
- Find a Local Social Security Office in North County San Diego. or SOCIAL SECURITY 367 VIA VERA CRUZ SAN MARCOS, CA 92078 (MONDAY – FRIDAY:09:00 AM – 03:30 PM)
- SS-5 Social Security Application. Bring original documentation of your identity, age, and work authorization (EDA).
2) How to get CALIFORNIA DRIVER LICENSE OR ID CARD
In California, DACA Approved applicants will be able to drive or getting an ID card. The California requirements for obtaining a driver’s license or ID card are: date of birth, legal presence (DACA approval letter), social security (employment authorization document EAD and SS card as in #2 above), residency (utility bills, bank statements, etc.)
3) How to Register for SELECTIVE SERVICE – Registration:
The registration requirement applies to all male U.S. citizens and male aliens residing in the United States who are 18 through 25 years of age. See Who must Register Chart.
4) Must file TAX RETURN if you work and/or complete your schooling ASAP.
5) Do not travel outside the USA without an Advance Parole Travel Document Approval. Call us if you need more details.
6) REMEMBER TO FILE FOR YOUR DEFERRED ACTION RENEWAL WITHIN 4 – 5 MONTHS BEFORE EXPIRATION.